Saturday, November 6, 2010

Darling Divas Pageant !

Heyy everyone, 


Hope you all have been doing well :-) . . . I have reaaaalllly been keeping busy and have several fun opportunities in the works (which I will fill you in on more in my next few blogs lol), but first I wanted to update you on my past few appearances :-) 


Last weekend I was fortunate enough to have two appearance back to back. It was certainly a jam packed weekend, but was definitely a fun one. On Saturday October 30th I attended the Darling Divas Pageant
(http://www.mydarlingdiva.net/My_Darling_Diva/Welcome.html) and not only did I get to watch, I GOT TO JUDGE!!! It was such a fun experience :-). Being a dancer, I am use to being the one on the stage rather than the one behind the table, but after judging the pageant I must say, I have a new found respect for judges. It was an extremely tough job because all of the contestants were so wonderful. They ranged from little 3 year old cutie pies to 16 year old blossoming beauties. I was entertained by categories including "outerwear," "costume-wear," and the "living doll competition," where competitors have the chance to pick their FAVORITE doll and mimic them in a routine. It was a day full of fun and surprises and I got to share it with my fabulous sister queen Miss Brooklyn Outstanding Teen Brittney Hollingsworth (who I adore by the way), and The Miss Brooklyn Scholarship Organization's Executive Director, Amaris Acosta, who actually emceed the event ! We all went to the event together and had a mini adventure getting there :/ . . . we had to go through the city into Jersey, but for some craaaaaazzzzy reason only ONE lane was opened in the tunnel going into the city which was bizarre and highly problematic I must say lol. Low and behold we arrived (but a little late to say the least, compliments of the Queens Midtown Tunnel). Despite our unexpected obstacles we all really had a fun day together and I thoroughly enjoyed my first judging experience! :-) Every girl at the pageant walked away with some sort of an award, which I thought was perfect, because all of them were winners and were able to have their own shining moments <3


Brooklyn's OT Brittney Hollingsworth, Grand Supreme Winner Zoe & Me 

Brittney and Me :-) . . . I was mistaken for the teen at first lol (I am a midget I know)

All of the Darling Divas Winners 

Amaris Acosta (Miss Brooklyn Executive Director) . . Brittney Hollingsworth (Brooklyn's OT) & Me :-) 
I am starting to fizzle :-( so I shall tell you about my Halloween appearance at Sean Casey's Animal Rescue Event next time !!!! 

xoxo
Christina :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment