Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sean Casey's Animal Rescue Event !

Okay so life has literally been a whirlwind lately. So many wonderful things have been happening and though I have been getting things done, I will admit I wish there were more hours in the day because I have a list from here to Guam to complete lol.

So before I get to the most recent events that have been happening I MUST tell you about the second part of my Halloween weekend at Sean Casey's Animal Rescue Event. It took place at .................
The Hamilton Dog House/Sean Casey Animal Rescue
155 E. 3 Street
Brooklyn, NY
http://www.nyanimalrescue.org/
718-436-5163

"The purpose of this endeavor is to aid unfortunate animals in the interest 
of a higher quality of life. We take in rescued, confiscated, neglected, injured, ill,
unmanageable, or otherwise unwanted animals from private owners, zoos, shelters, 
and other public  organizations. These animals are cared for, and/or rehabilitated to 
the best of our ability and means  until which time they can be found healthy, happy 
homes - whether it be through adoption to qualified candidates or legally released into 
habitats suitable to the specific species in conjunction with licensed wildlife rehabilitators."
-MISSION STATEMENT



The event that I attended was their 3rd Annual Halloween Blockparty! It was a 
dafull of family fun activities. There were animals EVERYWHERE, most of 
which were dressed up in the cutest Halloween costumes. I had the chance to visit 
some of the animals which are up for adoption and strongly encourage anyone out 
there interested in adopting a pet to visit Sean Casey's Shelter. These animals 
truly need good loving homes ! I must thank Ellen Stein for taking me to this
event and introducing me to all of the hardworking employees who make the 
shelter a success. 

Ellen Stein is a Certified Personal Trainer and 7X IPF Masters World 
Powerlifting Champion, which translates to ONE AMAZING WOMAN ! 
She trained Miss Brooklyn 2009, Keelie Sheridan and I hope to work with 
her when the time gets closer for Miss NY in June (because for those of you 
who don't know, I am the junk food QUEEN and am going to need someone 
to discipline my butt before the state pageant lol) Ellen is a fantastic woman all 
around and I thank her so very much for introducing me to this amazing cause and allowing me to participate in the event. You can contact her at w8lifter222@aol.com 
and check out her blog www.kettlebellen.blogspot.com. 

The Hamilton House/Sean Casey's Animal Rescue Shelter

I was able to walk one of the puppies up for adoption

THE DOG FROM THE SANDLOT !!!! lol

Charles, Me & Ellen Stein

The deal was I got to wear her hot pink
glasses if she could wear my sash :-) 

Aside from all of the animals in costume, there was a Karaoke band there and SOMEHOW  I found myself with a microphone in my hand singing 
"Don't Stop Believing," lol. I had tonsillitis that week so needless to say that 
particular performance was not one of my proudest moments, but it was certainly 
a fun one :-) 

Brian Smith's Live Karaoke Band !
www.openmicrocks.com
Finally, there was one more special person that I must mention who I met at Sean 
Casey's event and his name is Peter Colen. He is a freelance photographer who was 
at the event taking fabulous photos. We exchanged contact info and it turns out he is a CANCER SURVIVOR !!!! He was diagnosed with Lymphoma about a year ago 
and I am happy to report he has been in remission since April :-) His photographs are absolutely beautiful, many are of nature and are absolutely breathtaking! 
(347) 683 6001 peter.colen@gmail.com

Photo by: Peter Colen

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS PHOTO By Peter Colen


Photo By Peter Colen 
Well I think I covered everything! I know this was a manifesto of a blog, 
but this was such a memorable event and I needed to share every ounce of
it with all of you <3 

xoxo
Christina :-) 

1 comment: