Thursday, December 2, 2010

Miss Staten Island Pageant !!!


Hey Everyone,
Hope you all had a happy and healthy turkey day filled with family-fun and tooooonnnsss of delicious food!!! :-) 

I have been meaning to blog about the 45th Annual Miss Staten Island Pageant that I attended on November 13th. It took place at New Dorp High School in Staten Island, NY (of course) and was certainly a night full of great entertainment, sensational competition and a few surprises along the way. There were 8 Miss Contestants as well as 6 teen contestants competing for the titles of Miss Staten Island, Miss Staten Island's Outstanding Teen, Miss Richmond County and Miss Richmond County’s Outstanding Teen. I had gone to the Miss Staten Island pageant last year and was blown away by the talent and overall production of the show and knew this year would not disappoint. All of the contestants were phenomenal! In addition to the girls competing; dancers from the Star Struck Dance Studio performed and rocked the house. They were so fierce and made me just want to get up and dance with them!!! (I was bopping around in my seat the entire show . . .  I felt bad for the people behind me lol)

At one point during the pageant Miss NY, Claire Buffie made an appearance, and along with the board of the Miss NY organization shared some special news with the audience. ***For the first time in the history of the Miss NY pageant it is going to be held at the St. George Theatre in STATEN ISLAND NY!!!! I am BEYOND excited that this year’s pageant is literally right over the good ol’ Verrazano Bridge.

Miss NY Outstanding Teen Alison Stroming 

Jamie Macchia :-) my friend, fellow Wagner  Dance Team Member
. . .  and last years 1st Runner-Up Miss Staten Island <333

Miss NY Claire Buffie :-)

Following the great news was time for Miss Staten Island 2010 (Jennifer Scacco), Miss Richmond County 2010 (my friend and fellow Wagner girl Kimberly Cantoni) and the teen titleholder, to take their final walk before the crowning of the new title-holders. I must congratulate them on a wonderful year, they are all such beautiful girls who I know made Staten Island proud.

Miss Richmond County Kimberly Cantoni <3

Miss Richmond County & Miss Staten Island 

Jennifer, Me & Kim :-)

Miss Staten Island 2010, Miss Richmond County's Outstanding Teen 2010
& Miss Staten Island's Outstanding Teen 2010 (who funnily enough crowned her sister as her successor) 

I am so proud to say that Joelle (who was last years Miss Brooklyn Outstanding Teen yayay!) was the 1st runner-up. Her rendition of Somewhere Over the Rainbow was truly moving and I know this is only the beginning for her, You Go Joelle!!!

1st Runner-Up Miss Staten Island :-) Congrats dear xoxo

The title of Miss Richmond County 2011 went to Amanda Lee Alicea, who blew me away with her performance of Defying Gravity (a true Broadway Diva, AMAZING!!!) And finally the title of Miss Staten Island 2011 went to Maria DeSantis (who happens to be another Wagner Girl hehe) She truly deserved it!!! I am so excited to get to know these girl over the upcoming year. (PS Maria I LOOOOOVED YOUR GOWN)

Miss Richmond County 2011, Miss Staten Island 2011,
Miss Staten Island's Outstanding Teen 2011 & Miss Richmond County's Outstanding Teen 2011

MISS BROOKLYN 1989 Kelli Cookie-Bodnar (and she is a Wagner graduate, how cool ! )

Miss NY Princess

Crowns everywhere lol

Miss Staten Island 2011 Maria DeSantis
CONGRATS TO ALL OF THE TITLEHOLDER <3


That’s all for now, until next time xoxoxo 

****I recently visited I.S. 180 and gave a motivational speech there and it really was one of the most amazing experiences EVER and I cannot wait to tell you all about it! Sadly finals are kicking my butt and leaving me with little time to do anything but work :-( . . . but I shall update you soon <333

No comments:

Post a Comment